One reason why the public hopelessly enjoys entertainment industry award shows is not necessarily because of who’s nominated and who wins, but because of all the red carpet glitz and glamour. The 68th Annual Golden Globes was no exception and showcased the distinct styles of many of Tinseltown’s leading ladies (and men!), though one-shoulder gowns, sequins and diamonds, neutral colors, and shades of green appeared frequently.
Here are just a few of my personal favorite looks from the starlets of the night—let me know what yours are!
- Presenter Milla Jovovich looked like a classic out of old Hollywood with her silver ruched Armani Prive gown and mermaid waves.
- Winter’s Bone actress Jennifer Lawrence proved to be a natural beauty in her film, but showed how much she could rock a red carpet in edgy yet elegant black printed Louis Vuitton.
- Amy Adams of The Fighter reverted back to the lovely and poised woman we all know and adore in a one-shouldered deep teal Marchesa number featuring laser cut rosettes.
- Black Swan‘s Mila Kunis was one of the evening’s trendsetters in her custom-made emerald green Vera Wang dress.
- Lea Michele of Glee kept it simple in color but rich in cut and details with her baby pink Oscar de la Renta gown.
- Another Glee actress, Amber Riley, sparkled in a dazzling Oliver Tolentino dress and added a personal touch by wearing earrings she made herself.
- Mandy Moore, who voiced Rapunzel in Tangled, looked like a real-life princess herself in a blue chiffon-hemmed Monique Lhuillier creation.
- Carrie Underwood, a Best Song nominee, went neutral, sequined, and strapless in a Badgley Mischka evening gown for a classy and stunning look.