- Did you get to go to the most festive and popular spot in your city during the holidays and take pictures like the one above?
- Did you force yourself to try something you were scared of, like ice-skating?
- Did you feel comfortable and not awkward asking one of your co-workers if you could hang on to them through a couple of laps?
- And with the help of another colleague giving you some pointers, did you eventually brave the ice on your own (Even if you still looked goofy)?
- Did you get an entire dining room at the E&O Asian Kitchen closed off for your entire company?
- And eat chicken and steak skewers, corn fritters, deviled eggs, miso caesar salad, crispy chicken breasts, and grilled salmon?
- And have chocolate cake for dessert?
- And have your own bartender to pour and mix potent drinks to order?
- Did you leave at around 10PM thinking that four additional hours with your co-workers was actually quite fun?
Then congratulations—your first holiday party with your co-workers went well. At least, maybe take four or five things away from this list and you’ve got your party!
It’ll be just a couple of weeks until I mark my one-year anniversary working for this company. It’s not my dream job, of course, but after the hell I went through being jobless from early November to late December in 2011, I couldn’t be more grateful that an opportunity with Cardpool fell into my lap. Fun little events like last week’s makes me especially thankful to work with them.